Subject: Re: [Leica] Tamarkin
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 20:11:32 +0000

>Because one complaint does a service oriented company much more harm
>than one compliment does good, I felt that I should be yet another to
>speak up in absolute favor of the excellent service and advice that I
>have received from Tamarkin. <snip>
>Tony Rowlett
>Anchorage, Alaska

So very true indeed.  I am told by my marketing gurus that ONE complain is
equivalent to something like 15 compliments.

People in sales and service have to be absolutely tip-top.  It is stressful
to be in that position and only the best will make it to the top of the
heap.  Companies are prepared to pay top dollar for such talent.  In the
same breath, companies must be prepared to pay top dollar to retain such
talent!!!

I have dealt with Tamarkin before and I have had good reports about it.  I
am particularly impressed with the way Sam Shoshan (who is now his own
boss), Craig Williams and Dave Lam (who has since left the company too)
handled the transactions.  The bottom line is that my dealings with
Tamarkin has so far  been positive.

Dan K.