Subject: Re: [Leica] What should come with a Leica V35 outfit?
From: Mary & Stan Kephart <kephartol@att.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 99 11:36:27 -0500

>With all these postings on enlargers, I am becoming curious.
>
>What should you be paying attention for if buying a second hand Leica V35
>enlarger.
>What should come with it?
>Is it still a good buy (at what maximum price) or should one get a new
>Durst or something?
>
>Thanks for any info.
>
>Pascal
>NO ARCHIVE

Hello Pascal,

I am a new owner of the Leitz V35.  I shopped around a bit before buying.
 Friends tried to talk me out of it, because it can only do small format.
 Nevertheless, I went with the advice of seasoned LUGgers and took the
plunge.  I found that the prices varied considerably--from less than
$1000 US dollars to over $2000 if both color and B&W heads were included.
 My initial cost was $1400 and it came with the Manual, an 11X14 Bogen
easel (which I replaced with a Saunders "V" track), some other books, a
Paterson exposure meter, which I haven't used yet, and, of course the
Focotar 40/2.8mm  lens, and the color hear, which works very nicely for
B&W.  I had to take it to Leica for adjustment and repair, which cost an
additional $254, but the seller refunded me $150.  I figure the enlarger
alone, with color head & lens cost about $1250.  There are probably
better bargains out there, but I'm happy with what I've got.  It's 100%
better than the old Omega I was using where I took a class last summer.
A real joy to use.  I even think the autofocus is working!   (This took a
bit of fiddling around.)   I like having Leica consistency from neg to
print.

Hope this info is helpful.

All the best,

MK