Subject: Re: [Leica] Off topic, more digital news
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 23:20 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Pascal wrote:

> Jeez, it looks as if dreams will come true after all, just look at:
>
> http://www.mclink.it/personal/MC0258/F5.html

Yes, I was thinking of that fantasy site when I saw the details, he was
*remarkably* close considering that he first posted it before the *520*
was launched.

I'm told that it's the same price as the DCS520.

However an interesting titbit I heard this evening (from what has been a
reliable source in the past) is that there's a *Nikon* digital F5 coming
too.

This (apparently) *won't* just be a Nikon version of the DCS620 (as per
the DCS520 and the EOS2000, or whatever Canon's version's called), but is
a *completely* different product.

Supposed to be substantially cheaper than the DCS620.

Of course this could be complete b****cks, only time will tell.

David Morton                       |  "Times are bad. Children no
dmorton@journalist.co.uk           |  longer obey their parents and
David.Morton@openconsulting.co.uk  |  everyone is writing a book."
(+44) 171 917 6272                 |  Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)