Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lens, comparative tests
From: "Andreas Frijdal" <frijdal@tin.it>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 21:59:26 +0100

Dear LUG-friends

1) survey: Componon S 2.8 50mm
               Componon S 4    80mm
               Componon     4   35mm
    I use these in a IFF, QUODGON  which is Italian
    I the far past, my student time,  I had a Opemus with an EL Nikkor,
which I liked very much

2) references:
    I cannot remember that anyone referred to publications or tests.
Nevertheless in the Dutch publication "CAMERA MAGAZINE"  nr 3/98 a
comparative test was published on the APO Componon HM 40mm 2.8, Componon S
50mm 2.8, Rodagon 50 mm 2.8 and the EL-nikkor 50mm 2.8. They summarised
their conclusions as follows:(my translation)
" some people will find the El-Nikkor to sharp, other will prefer the
contrast of the Componon and others will be charmed by the "tone-range" of
the Rodagon. (all this for B&W)" The did not pick a winner.

Ciao

Andreas

Dr Andreas Frijdal
Casalmonte