Subject: Re: [Leica] Buying R8,need advice on lenses conclusion
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 18:06:27 -0500

At 05:27 PM 2/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I've heard it said once and I'll say it again:
>
>    You buy Leica because you enjoy the "process" of taking the picture.  You
>buy Nikon and Canon because you "want" the picture.  Simple really.
>
>Gary

Gary,
I don't understand this at all.  I don't ever think about the "process" of
taking the picture. I only want the equipment that will give the picture I
"want" with the least hassle.  I want equipment that will work in any
conditions and attract the least attention. That's Leica.  Are you saying
that you can get pictures with Nikon and Canon that you can't with Leica?
To me it would be just the opposite. The resulting photograph is the only
important element to me.  How I get there is irrelevant.  However - for
most of my photographs, Leica is the only way to get there.  What am I
missing here?

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP

http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html