Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Winder Woes
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 07:05:43 EST

David:

Another suggestion that I forgot in my previous post.

Recently I went through about 30 minutes of anger at my R8 because I couldn't
get the film to advance.  I finally gave up and drove to my dealer for help.
I was having flashbacks of the problems that I had with my first R8 and
couldn't see the problem for the anger.  The dealer simply moved the cover
over the rewind button and it worked perfectly.  The camera had been set in
double-exposure mode and would not advance the film.  I was embarassed but
happy.  Needless to say, I took a lot of ribbing on it, which was ok.    I am
sure that I am not the first one to have this same problem.  In my opinion,
this is a design flaw.

I hope you get enough input from subscribers to solve your problem.

Bob Bedwell

<< David,

 Just a small hope this might cheer you up: have you made sure you keep
 the film advance lever pushed back against the body ? If you leave it
 halfway or even slightly out, the winder stops winding so that you can
 manually advance the film. This just might do it (surprised me on the
 1st roll) :-)

 If that should unfortunately not be the simple explanation, then, yes,
 you have a defective system :-(

 Alan