Subject: Re: [Leica] US navy 90 f1/fuji film pushed
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 23:28:46 -0500

Gary and Dawn Klein wrote:

>SNIP

> We seem to have plethora of these poorly lit sporting arenas.  In fact my
> cohort is working tonight in our city's 1940s armory for the two high school
> matchups in basketball.  We have to light the event. So instead of 1/500
> f2.8 at is 6400 , we shoot 400 speed film at a comfy 1/250 f4.  We dial the
> light down purposly to avoid the players complaining our lights.

SNIP

Gary,

How are you lighting these? Strobes mounted in the ceilings with radio
triggers or on stands? Also 1/250 with the EOS? I'm curious how you
approach this as it's technique I'd like to have in my bag of tricks if
I need it sometime. Also, pushed pix of gymnastics on web page looked
real nice. How were they scanned and how much Photoshopping?

- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/