Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W output from digital devices
From: "John McLeod" <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 10:27:00 +0000

>On 02-02-1999 20:51 Joe Stephenson wrote:
>
>>I have a question for some of you folks who are more familiar with the
>>digital processes. What is the best B&W output method for digital images?
>>Can you obtain output that is like, or as good as a fine B&W print? What
>>is the cost for good B&W output, if it's avaible at all?
>
>Joe:
>
>B/W output for digital images is apparently VERY difficult to master,
>according to a recent article in the French photo magazine "Chasseur
>d'Images" (nr. 209 of December 98).
>
>Pascal
>NO ARCHIVE

>See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
>An Apple a day keeps greedy Microsoft away !
><<< PGP public key available on request >>>

Interesting question LUGgers.  There is much praise for the digital color
print in general, but what is everyone's experience with digital black and
white prints?  Is there simply nothing that will compare to the silver print
for years to come -- that is, should I go ahead and spend money on my home
darkroom as the digital millenium approaches?  Appreciate the input.

John McLeod