Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 & 2 1/4 Scanners
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 16:11:58 -0400

Bob:

There is not much too choose from to do the larger formats, certainly
nothing cheap.  Polaroid makes a SprintScan that does 4x5 but is also
expensive.  The other option is AGFA makes a flatbed scanner called a
duoscan that will scan up to 8X10 or whole sets of slides at once.  It is
not cheap either and the resolution for 35mm would not be what you want.  I
saw a duoscan on Ebay before Christmas that went for $1,500 or so.  I think
they are in the $4,00 range new.

Your other option is just pay somebody to scan the larger formats, perhaps
on PhotoCd.  You would have to get a lot of slides done to pay more than
the $5,000 price of the Nikon Scanner.

Regards,

Robert