Subject: [Leica] Off topic - New software system, MYASS
From: quem <annecy@hsnp.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 17:09:02 -0600

Members of the Lug,

You should know about a new software system which was recently released
and is also Year 2000 compliant. This program is known as "Millennia Year
Application Software System" (MYASS). Next Monday there will be a meeting in
which I will show MYASS to everyone. We will hold demonstrations throughout
the month so that all employees will have an opportunity to get a good look
at MYASS. We have not addressed networking aspects yet, so currently only
one person at a time can use MYASS. This restriction will be removed after
MYASS expands. Some employees have begun using the program already. This
morning I walked into a subordinates office and was not surprised to find
that he had his nose buried in MYASS. Some of the less technical people may
be somewhat afraid of MYASS.

Last week my personal secretary at work said, "I'm a little nervous, I
never put
anything in MYASS before."  I helped her through the first time and afterward
she admitted that it was relatively painless and she was actually looking
forward to doing it again, and was even ready to kiss MYASS. There have been
concerns over the virus that was found in MYASS upon initial installation,
but the virus has been eliminated and we were able to save MYASS. In the
future, however, protection will be required prior to entering MYASS. This
database will encompass all information associated with the business. As you
begin using the program to put anything you want into MYASS.

As MYASS grows larger, we envision a time when it will be commonplace
for a supervisor to pass work to an employee and say, "here stick this in
MYASS." It will be a great day when we need data quickly and our employees
can respond, "Here it is, I just pulled it out of MYASS."

quem