Subject: [Leica] awaiting with anticipation...
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 09:05:38 -0500

Well, had quite a day online yesterday!! Ordered a Canon 28/2.8 LTM with
Leica M adapter from Walt! (thanks Walt!). Secured a Jupiter 3 50/1.5 LTM
from Olexandr Kalynychenko in the Ukraine! and picked up a Lumedyne 065
flash kit for a great price!! ( I realize normal LUGger's abhore flash
units- this is for use with a Hasselblad- don't worry)
I'm anxious to try the 50/1.5 Jupiter; I realize it won't have anywhere
near the look of a Summilux; but it only carries a cost of $100!! Kind of a
"Wal-Mart Summilux" I guess.
I'm a member of the "It doesn't have to be tack sharp to be a good photo"
camp... sometimes an image rendered slightly blurry due to camera shake or
even out of focus can achieve a better "feeling". (and perhaps this is also
how I justify not spending thousands on a Noctilux- oh, someday....), Using
flash and dragging a shutter can produce unique images, it all depends on
subject and your 'eye'.
Frequently shooting wedding couples, I've developed a technique for photo's
of the couples "first dance"; always use a shutter speed of about 1/15th
with flash behind them, throw a 'Softar' on it, slight fill flash- they go
crazy for it. Hey, I like it too! Now I'm at a point where I'm going to mix
the Leica shots in there with the candids; B&W and grainy high speed
film... whew!
I'd love to get a 35 Sumicron/Summilux; but I got to save my $$ right now!

sorry for the ramble, got some time on my hands...

Bob Keene
"Everybody's Pal"
(not 'everyone' is 'everybody'....)