Subject: [Leica] Friday FS/WTB Policy
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 22:01:56 -0500

The reason for the restriction is to be fair to EVERYONE.  If someone only
decides to sell an item on a Saturday then, yes, they should wait six days
to post.  By restricting the ads to the 23:59:59 window of a 'Friday", then
we ensure that the rest of the week is restricted to on-topic discussions
such as Eric's Nikon experiences and Ted's underwear, not to mention
single-malts, automobiles, and firearms.

Many other camera lists have a similar restriction:  the IDCC, for
instance, so rigidly enforces their every-other-Wednesday restriction that
folks have been threatened with Being Cast Into The Outer Void.  And I have
to do a bit of policing on the Rollei List to keep even that genteel bunch
in line!

And, in any event, rules like this aren't subject to discussion:  the List
Manager imposed this one and we are guests in his house.

I wouldn't want the LUG to become a repository for ads.  I like it the way
it is.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!