Subject: [Leica] Re: Friday FS/WTB Policy
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:07:47 -0800

Two weeks ago, over the weekend, I became interested in a particular old
lens. I was not going to wait until the next Friday to ask LUGgers if they
had one for sale, so on Monday I called Jim Kuehl and George Ury, and
scanned Don's, and Stan's WWW sites, and Sam's SB ad. I bought what I
wanted from George on Tuesday and had it by Friday. I have no idea if any
LUGgers had or have what I wanted for sale and I don't want to know now. I
honored the protocol and did not ask during the week. George Ury got my
business.

It sure seems to me like offering equipment to or asking for what you need
from fellow LUGgers is a hellova lot more sane than talking about "Baby
naugas" and "MYASS" ! I'll choose <FS> & <WTB> anyday! Over the past couple
of months, I have sold four lenses to LUGgers and bought two from LUGgers.
All via the Friday peep hole. All of my dealings with fellow LUGgers has
been wonderful.

But you have to admit. The number of LUGgers who wish to sell or trade
equipment, and the number of <FS> posts that we have, pales with respect to
the number of Nauga/booz/strange food like substances/underwear/ad
nauseam... posts that litter the bandwidth.

From now on, if I decide to sell, or want to buy something, I'll let you
LUGgers know first. Whenever that happens to be. Even though Jim, George,
Don, Stan, and Sam are all nice guys, I would rather deal personally with a
fellow LUGger.

Jim