Subject: [Leica] Friday policy...
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 13:28:58 -0500

I personally like the Friday FS policy as it means I won't receive a
multiple FS posting for the same item every day or every other day of the
week..... just once a week is enough for me.......  Don Chatterton only
updates his page once a week and Tamarkin every other week or so and
Shutterbug once a month.....   So what's so hard about posting FS items
only on Fridays (unless you are going out of town (which means you should
wait until you get back to post it)).....

When this policy was originally discussed ... there was some discussion
as to whether we should have FS items posted on the LUG at all and
eventually the decision was agreed upon to limit it to Fridays to help
keep traffic down.  The other reason for the Friday choice was that it is
easier for those of us who don't read every message or every digest for
that matter to see what's for sale on the LUG  if the items are posted on
a specific day of the week....

As far as using a filter on FS messages or any other for that matter.....
remember that some of us subscribe to the digest mode....... My page down
key is getting worn out.......

Duane Birkey

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador