Subject: [Leica] Re: more digital vs film, from BJP
From: Jim Bauman <jbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:01:13 -0800

>This is from the current "British Journel of Photography" issue:
>It is nearly 10 years since the first digital camera was
>unveiled... blah blah blah...

10 years????  Hmmmm.. those Brits have short memories! The first digital
still camera was the Sony Mavica, announced August 24, 1981.
Remember the one that hooked up to your TV set?  At the time, Kodak
officials commented that it would be "decades" before an acceptable
all digital still camera was available. The Wall Street Journal
had an article in which some analyst was quoted as saying "Who
needs it?"  Ha!

Come to think of it, in the late 70's, National Geographic was using an RCA
digital camera for underwater and night photography.  Don't even ask what that
must have cost!!

Jim Bauman
"If it's not digital, it's not news." (sorry Nick..I had to!)