Subject: RE: [Leica] perspective control lens
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:07:10 -0700

John,

At the risk of being thrown off the LUG, I find PC lenses in 35mm somewhat
limited (although they can also be useful as they let you use your 35mm
system for shots such as you describe).

BUT, if you are going to by an R system just to do this, why not get a
reasonably priced 4x5 system - even with just one lens (which is all you
would get in 35mm anyway). It  probably wouldn't work out much more
expensive? (used Toyo 45A + 90mm lens = say $1600??)

When I have taken the same architectural shot in 35mm and 4x5, they just
don't compare - its as simple as that.

Tim A

Tim Atherton,
Tim Atherton Photography,
PO Box 515,
Yellowknife,
NT, X1A N4,
Canada.

Ph/Fx 867.669.9874

DOCUMENTARY * REPORTAGE * EDITORIAL * ARCHITECTURAL