Subject: RE: [Leica] Vivitar 283 flash with R8 question.
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 13:06:01 -0400

The Vivitar 283 was available in two different forms.  The first had a high
voltage at the hotshoe or sync and the newer ones had a lower voltage.  The
low voltage one will work, the high will not.  Get a multimeter and read
the voltage of the sync cord.  If it is in the 90v range it is a high
voltage, if it is less then 30v or so it is the low voltage.

Regards,

Robert