Subject: Re: [Leica] Viewfinder 31/4
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:59:32 -0300

At 07:13 PM 11/02/99 +0100, you wrote:

>	I believe it was Robert Capa who said, 'if your pictures
>	aren't good enough then you aren't close enough'.
>	By its very nature, a Leica viewfinder physically draws
>	you in closer and closer as you frame the image.
>	Could it just be that the original 0,72X viewfinder
>	is more effective at subtly drawing you in close ?
>	UNQUOTE

        Don't be too quick to take Capa's comment literally.  He could have
very well meant it metaphorically. That is, "CLOSE" could mean emotionally
or personally. Being "close" to the subject may not mean feet or metres.

Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
TOUCHED BY FIRE: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
McClelland & Stewart Canada.  ISBN#0-7710-5305-3
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm