Subject: Re: [Leica] Dealer Recommendation
From: "Glenn Thrall" <gthrall@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:25:45 -0800

Don Chatterton often monitors this list, and does answer his e-mail. His URL
is http://www.donchatterton.com/

His e-mail address is dci@aa.net

Tamarkin also has a website and may answer e-mail (don't know, I've always
telephoned). His URL is

http://www.tamarkin.com/

Pat McKee is on this list as is Sam Shoshan.

Personally, I prefer talking to Don Chatterton (he has NEVER led me astray,
and as often as not has talked me OUT of a purchase ... even if the item was
in stock because we HAVE talked about the kind of photography I do ... if
the gizmo is of little or no use to me, why buy it?) or one of the people at
Tamarkin or to Pat.

Sam Shoshan worked at Tamarkin prior to opening his own shop however I
haven't purchased anything from him at his new shop. I wouldn't have any
hesitation in doing so though.

If you plan on spending that much money (and anything "Leica" is *that much
money*) I'd also invest in a telephone call to one of the people I've
mentioned.

My local Leica dealer (a plug here for Lee-Mac Camera in Pasadena,
California) refers customers to Chatterton, Kuehl, Tamarkin when they do not
have an item in stock or can't get it for some reason known only to Leica
Camera.

Glenn

Glenn Thrall
mailto:gthrall@ibm.net