Subject: Re: [Leica] Dealer Recommendation
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:37:21 -0500

Joe Berenbaum spoke of a dealer in Roanoke, Virginia.  I checked out his
Web Page and did some asking about.

No one whom I have asked in Roanoke has ever heard of this Bill Green, who
seems to be some sort of a Yankee who has moved here and simply set up an
Internet business, but I did E-mail him.  I will be surprised if he
responds, but, mayhaps he shall.

My experience has been that these bozos demand that you call them.  For
people like me, that is asking a lot.

Chatterton answers most of his E-mail.  Tamarkin answers none.  I cannot
speak of others, as I have given up on ever expecting a dealer to read and
answer his E-mail.

EVERY personal E-mail I receive, however silly or meaningless, at least
receives an acknowledgement.  Others, some of them epic creatures -- such
as Larry Gubas and Oscar Fricke and Charlie Barringer -- simply allow your
E-mails to flow to them, without comment or response.

This mindset baffles me, as all three would answer a snail-mail letter.
Ah, well, dealers and experts seem to be equally brain-dead when it comes
to pleasing the public!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!