Subject: Re: [Leica] Viewfinder 31/4
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 23:03:03 -0600

>    Don't be too quick to take Capa's comment literally.  He could have
>very well meant it metaphorically. That is, "CLOSE" could mean emotionally
>or personally. Being "close" to the subject may not mean feet or metres.

Actually, I think that's exactly what he meant. Too many photographers are
not careful in their compositions. They tend to shoot too loosely. Include
too much extraneous detail. Not peel enough layers of the onion...is that
enough metaphors? :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Exaggeration is not all it's cracked up to be.