Subject: Re: [Leica] Dealer Recommendation
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 21:56:24 -0800

Marc,

>>>Well, I have purchased one hell of a lot more than you have from Tamarkin
but, nonetheless, nine E-mails and not an acknowledgement, counts for
something. This guys are slugs:  they ask YOU questions about something
they cannot identify, and you tell them, and they haven't even the courtesy
to say, "thank you".<<<

I can only speak from my own experience with Tamarkin, and that's been good.
While I've only made one purchase, I've probably talked to them six or seven
times on the phone looking for particular items and, as I posted before, I
Emailed them a couple of times and got replies. My only complaint is that
their web site isn't updated frequently enough. A couple of times I've
called, fully prepared to buy a used item that was long gone.

It's none of my business where you choose to shop, but if they're "slugs,"
why do you buy so much from them?

I've bought from George Ury and Dan Chatterton and both advertise Email
adresses. I've always dealt with them by phone, though. I've bought far more
equipment from Jim Kuehl than anyone else, but he doesn't have a web site or
Email.

Bryan