Subject: Re: [Leica] Reid
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 13:52:20 -0500

At 06:04 PM 1999-02-12 +0000, Joe Berenbaum wrote:
>Does your gratitude mean the Trinol is a good lens? I thought this was a 3
>element lens and nothing special qualitywise- or so I think I read
>somewhere. If it is otherwise I would be interested to know about it.

My gratitude comes from its relative rarity.  It is an interesting
three-element design and rather good, though not outstanding.  A
three-element lens CAN be most wonderful:  the Postwar, West German
recomputed 4/85 CZ Triotar is one such lens.  It is a shame THAT was never
made in LTM!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!