Subject: Re: [Leica] Viva Canada!
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 12:31:58 -0800

Alexey Merz wrote:

> "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com> wrote:
>
> > Just remember Dave,  if not for the Americans you would be speaking
> > and writing in German not English.
>
> It's been only several weeks since I stood on Juno Beach in Normandy,
> and saw the terrain that the Canadians took on D-Day. Fair Canada's
> sons pulled more than their weight on that day, and during the months
> that followed.
>
> As Peter knows, I have a rather permissive sense of humor, but
> I think that this 'joke' demeans the memory of the thousands of
> Canadians who gave their lives fighting Hitler.
>
> -Alexey

My guess he knew that but he was just having fun being a general red
neck, can't you take a joke anyway it Russian guts and British brains
and nerves that won WW2. With all due respect of course to the thousands
of US and other countries guys and the riveting might of American Women.
With the added help of that beer drinking Austrian.
Mark :-) Rabiner