Subject: Re: [Leica] here's a concept, Summilux vs. Noctilux
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:32:51 -0600

>As long as those two little images come together correctly that's what
>controlas the in focus and not the aperture.  I think.

Ted, the focal length influences how accurate the rangefinder is. That's
the whole idea behind the HM Leicas. And one of the advantages of the M
Leica is the accuracy of the rangefinder with wider angle lenses. That's
what he was getting at. But I think in practice, you're right. At f/1 or
f/1.4, no matter what you do, the photographer better be in focus.

(Did you get my private email?)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is
that it has never tried to contact us."  - Calvin and Hobbes