Subject: Re: [Leica] Trip to Italy additional info
From: "Andreas Frijdal" <frijdal@tin.it>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 20:15:41 +0100

>I can second the advice of one reader who recommended drinking any wine
>by ANTINORI.  Visit their restaurant in Florence which will require a
>reservation.  We had our best meal in Europe there (including Paris!)
>and you can sample their wines by the glass including the pricey but
>fabulous TIGNANELLO.  Highly Recommended.

>I would actually suggest to skip their restaurant because you will be among
your fellow Americans or other wealthy tourists. The food is expensive and
not particularly good, no Florentine in his right mind would go there. Try
instead the restaurant in the cellar of the same palazzo ANTINORI, called
"Buca  Lapi" entrance in via Trebbio(I went last Tuesday). You might see the
odd Japanese tourist but they are famous among the Florentines for their
bistecca fiorentina, a unique grilled T-bone steak which is so tender it
almost melts in your mouth, stands competition from any ANGUS/Chicago let
alone South American beef, BTW they have a very nicely priced sangiovese
wine from ANTINORI called "Christina" no, not the Chianti from the same
castle.

Andreas