Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG Darkroom User Survey: Data interpretation
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 06:34:54 +0000

Joe

I am using a ball park figure of 700 LUG members as a denominator.  Please
correct me if I am wrong.

You are right about the others who might not have responded.  I hope they
will eventually do.  That is the reason why I am still keeping a pulse on
the survey.   Presently I can only calculate based on the respondents.  I
am aware that there are a few who have a digital darkroom.  I am only
counting the members who use enlargers and enlarging lenses.

If you remember, some time back, we were discussing leitz enlarging lenses
and some of us wonder if there are enough darkroom buffs around to
constitute a big enough demand for Solms to consider making a top notch
enlarging lens.  This survey is not intended to convince Solm that they
have a market out there.  It is purely for the interest of the group.  It
is nice to know that there are at least 40 people who have darkroom mileage
and this resource can be useful to the group.

Dan K.