Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The most beautiful place/Ah Canada
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 09:23:06 -0500

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999, Mark Rabiner wrote:

<SNIP>
>I'm not aware of another way to go at
>least to drive to Alaska other than through Canada. I can easily see
>getting there being most of the fun.

Mark,

I guess I wasn't very clear: I didn't always drive; there's the ferry from
Seattle (an adventure in itself) and commercial aircraft.  One way to
combine the ferry and Canada is to drive through Canada to Prince Rupert
(BC), take the ferry to Haines (AK), then continue driving through BC and
Yukon to the main body of Alaska.

Echoing what other LUGgers have written, in my experience Canadians are
refreshingly unpretentious and friendly; add the scenery and the clear
north light and it adds up to a delightfully unforgettable country.

Doug Herr
Sacramento