Subject: Re: [Leica] why M series is still useful
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 01:14:18 +0000

>The courtroom that is why Leica is still relevant.  We have a Clint
Eastwood Look a Like for a judge here in town, who hates photograhers.  He
once counted how many frames one the shooters at my paper made and said,
"Let the record show that 30 frames were cranked out by the Press
Photographer.
>I usually go into court with My M4-2 and my summicron trio and the Canon
A2E with the 70-200 L lens.  The A2E is very quiet.  The quietest SLR
available to me.
<snip>
>gck

Another reason that the M series are eminently usable is that with some of
the lenses they will fit in a coat pocket. I get a great buzz from going
out with an M body that has a collapsible 50 or a 35 Summicron on it in my
pocket, and with another lens or two in the other pocket. No-one knows I'm
carrying a camera, let alone a whole system, at least until I get it out.
Capable as the auto slrs are, they won't go in my pockets. Not everybody
wants to be able to cram a system in their pockets- but for those of us
that do, this is quite an advantage.

Joe Berenbaum