Subject: Re: AW: [Leica] LUG Darkroom User Survey: Data interpretation
From: Mikiro M <arbos@iname.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:02:44 +0100

At 10:25 pm +0100 14/2/99, Bernhard Wingerter wrote:
>Hi Mikiro,
>how are these Pictography prints?
>Bernhard
>(living about 100 km north from Strasbourg)

Hi, Bernhard, neighbour.
I often use Pictrography when I print photomicrographs scanned from 35 mm
colour film or directly from CCD cameras.  For publishing those images in
scientific journals, it is good enough (and I won't use inkjet printers).
However, when I scan my private B&W negs (2700 dpi) and print them on A4
paper (400 dpi), the results are less satisfying than conventional (and
successful) prints.  Although I have not used the latest inkjet printers, my
feeling is that Picrography prints look more close to conventional ones than
those from inkjet printers do.

Cheers,

- --
Mikiro Mori