Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 user/collectible!
From: lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 18:30:31 +0100

I wrote:

> Out of the +/- 130.000 M6 made between 1984 and 1998,
> I think that less than 7.000 were made specially for collectors.
etc...

Now, on the other hand, I think that almost all the users
of a M camera will agree that there is a special pleasure
to use it. More than with any other camera.
And that once you start it's not so easy to stay with only one.

Even if M users are not collecting them for display purpose,
they are sometimes buying more than they really need.
(not always a second new M6, but often a M3, M2 etc...)

Maybe also, because some other fellow M users have a
tendency
to proselytize....
(Me ? noooo...)

;-)

More seriously, IMO the M6 is not a collectible camera in essence.
For me it's the perfect tool for a big percentage of my photographs.
I can think of a lot of pictures that I made only because I
had one
in my bag together with my big AF reflex with huge f/2,8 zoom,
or on other days, alone under my jacket.

Lucien