Subject: Re: [Leica] Wedding photography with M6 and Noct.
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:30:59 -0500

At 11:49 -0600 15/02/99, Richard W. Hemingway wrote:
> I also have my Noctilux.  I have about decided to use Neopan 1600
> (it will be pretty low light I understand)
> [ ... ]
> I will stick the 35/1.4 ASPH in my pocket.  Don't know about the
> 90/2.8 - may be too dark.
> [ ... ]
> Dick Hemingway
> Plano, Tex

Allo Dick,
	I missed the thread, flooded with hundreds
	of other e-mails this week.

	Let me try to convince you to go to those places
	this week and shoot either Fuji CZ Super G 800
	or Kodak PMZ 1000 "available light".

	With these three magnificent lenses of yours,
	you may find you get excellent results
	at 1/60  f/4 or f/5.6, especially is there
	is a certain percentage of daylight there.

	Such a situation made me discover the beauty
	of high speed color negative photography
	and I'm at a loss to convey the sense of
	satisfaction and the objective results I attained
	with far lesser equipment than  yours.

	Your advantage over others will be the "stealthiness"
	of the Leica M and superlative optics
	and a most probable long photo experience.

	I agree the whole idea is to have fun,
	especially at a wedding, but I grind my teeth
	when I read of conservative Leica owners holding on
	to black and white when such beautiful
	photos can be had with available light
	color prints, done by a well chosen lab,
	especially with Leica optics.
	Non-photo trip people always seem sorry
	their faces are black and white...
	in such context. The only way I'd use B&W
	would be in newsprint advertising,
	as a digital "reduction".

	Yet, I have to respect opinions;
	not my forte, all told.