Subject: Re: [Leica] Younger photographers and Leica rangefinders
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:32:34 -0800

Jim Bauman wrote:

> Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net> wrote:
>
> >...he had stated that young and
> >upcoming photojournalists were moving towards black and white photography,
> >and using Leica rangefinders.
>
> I'll bet that's not true nowadays with EOS, AF, and all the rest.
> Everything is getting to be so automatic, the days of young photographers
> with the ability to look at any scene and just "know" it's 1/60th
> at 5.6 with Tri-X etc. are probably long gone.
>
> Jim Bauman

I wish I was starting out now in photography with all the non AF Nikon
glass of above standard of the industry quality going for dirt cheap.
They refuse to spend their little student incomes on non AF glass. Poor
babies. Nikon AI glass has gotten to be of Classic standards in my book.
Of course what is slightly less ubiquitous and more desirable is older
Leitz glass, but I didn't know about that so much then.
Mark Rabiner