Subject: Re: [Leica] Wedding photography with M6 and Noct.
From: Robinsnes@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:32:03 EST

I am a professional wedding photographer. We know that it is important for the
family to get their images, we are getting paid to do a very big and important
job. I understand and try to help serious photographers who are in attendance
at a wedding. People with red dots on them are usually an indication they know
a little about photography. My attitude is you let me do my job, and I will
help get some "great" images for you.
B&W is the greatest choice. There is nothing like using natural light, but not
in a darkened reception hall. Add a small (I said small) flash to your M. I
would recommend Kodak 3200 t-Max. It is really a 1600 film that pushes easily,
however you will need to assign an ASA and stick to it. I recommend 1600
(remember to meter the shadows!!!!!) Use window light and sidelighting. If
people want group shots, good. If they are important, have the pro get one
first so you will know there is a good one "in the can".  If you shoot with
flash between 1/15 and 1/30, you will pick up ambient light and somewhat
dilute the "flash with black behind" type of shot that the P&S shooters will
get.
Congratulations and good luck
Roger - robinsnes@AOL.com