Subject: [Leica] now Nunavut (off topic)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:19:10 -0800

Tim Atherton wrote:

>Mark and anyone else who is interested,

>But, for the first time, the Inuit themselves will have a very substantial>>

Hi Tim,

Very interesting how our country evolves these days.

I'm sure many LUGNUTS have no idea what an "Inuit" is. If I may:  The Inuit
are the name for the people of the arctic that were at one time known
nationally internationaly as , "Eskimo."  Some where along the line it
wasn't deemed correct to call them "Eskimo" and the name evolved from there
to Inuit.

Now our international members will understand who and what the Inuit are.

>To bring it back on topic, I lived in Iqaluit, the new capitol (formerly
>Frobisher Bay) and at least 1 of the images in my 1/99 Leica Fotografie
>article were taken there with my M6!

I have to say it was a good article and well illustrated with fine images.
Good on you! May you have many others.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant