Subject: [Leica] Still PADDING
From: "Khoffberg" <khoffberg@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:45:37 -0800

Harrison
Thanks for the note on PAD.
I'm still PADding - hope others are.  I believe I've missed just two days
thus far.
I think the last time I wrote I'd just participated in the great Leica
drop-off, ably led by our own Eric Welch and followed shortly thereafter by
yours truly.  Whilst M6 was getting some TLC (still waiting for the lens to
return) I rotated through my M3, Hassy, and A2E.  The latter is a cranky
cuss.  If the computer doesn't like what I'm trying to do (usually late at
night, no comments please) it just refuses to take a picture.  Lenses just
aren't as sharp as either the Leica or H but there's no news there.
I continue to haunt our local reservoir in search of enduring images.  I
think I've been back there seven or eight times since the PAD project
started, shooting in all sorts of conditions.  My current conclusion, the
worse the weather gets, the more I want to get near some water.  Something
about the gray and rain and fog over the water that's appealing.
As I write I'm on the road yet again.  Staying with a friend in Conn. I had
a nice go at an old run down barn.  I doubt that there was anything original
but it was fun.  Next day some wonderful sunrises over the LI Sound.
Not much of a report but there you have it.
Cheers

Kevin Hoffberg