Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: M6 user/collectible
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:24:00 -0800

Doug Herr wrote:
<snip>That there are younger photographers using Leicas speaks well of them;
the
higher initial cost of the Leica makes its purchase a more deliberate one.
A less experienced photographer will rely more on the number of convenience
features a camera offers than on the feathures that really useful and
nessesary.<snip>

Sp pray tell me Mr. Herr, what are the useless features???  TTL like in the
M6 (finally, and years late) or built-in metering like in several Ms and all
Rs?  I think your statement is self-justification to own a Leica.  As we get
older and have more money to spend, we buy more expensive items, like an M6
or R8 when in reality we are only taking snapshots.

Peter K