Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W and forever the iconoclast
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 12:15:40 -0800

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

> I met Annie, it is rare that she uses B&W.  In the shows I have seen her
> work, and one in particular was a private showing in NYC at the Javits about
> 3 years ago, there was not one B&W.  She also uses a Mamiya RZ67 and prefers
> Ektachrome and adds a 81A or B to really punch up the colors.  Take a look
> at her Mikhail Baryshnikov (not sure on the spelling) and you'll see it.
> She rarely uses her Leica except when she has to.
>
> Peter K
snip[
I just saw an old book on her with someone else listing her as a
"Photojournalist" before she bought her Hasselblad even. Before she went
high concept and became a bigger celebrity than most of her subjects.
I still think the Emma Thompson wrapped up in toilet paper was a joke
against her. Like a National Lampoon send off of her. I think she's
generally more than OK.
Mark Rabiner