Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Tri-X and Kodak vs Ilford?
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:42:55 EST

Fred:

Thanks for the note.

I have had such good luck with Ilford products that I am afraid to try
anything else.  I did try some Ilfords Pan F last week in 6x6 format and it
was beautiful.  I wanted to find out for myself if it made sense to shoot
Delta 100 at ISO 50 or just use PAN F at it's normal 50 speed.  Negatives from
both are splendid.

Continued good luck!

Bob Bedwell

<< Bob,

 I also use Ilford Delta films almost exclusively, with Kodak Xtol as my main
 developer. Like you, I tried the Tmax films but just couldn't get what I
 wanted out of them. I also use Ilford paper as I like the way it works with
 the Delta films. Kodak paper seems to have a much shorter shelf life than
 Ilford. I can't tell you how much Kodak b&w paper I've had to dump in the
 trash because it had gone grey. The Ilford never gave me this problem
although
 it was stored in the same place. I stopped buying Kodak paper.

 Fred