Subject: Re: [Leica] M carrying case
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 17:56:58 -0500

> << Can anyone recommend a good carrying case for a M system with 2 or 3 prime
>  lenses. I have tried the Domke F-803 camera satchel but I don't feel it
>  protects the
>  equipment well enough, as the padding is rather thin. I am looking for a
>  small, well padded bag that fits the M system well without advertising Leica
>  inside.
>
>  Thanks in advance.
>
>  Steve Brauner
>   >>

Steve,

I use the Domke F-803 and I too felt the same way as far as the padding
goes. I ordered Domke's 3 section padded compartment which fits
perfectly in the 803. I keep a body and lens in each of two of the
sections. One body has a rapidwinder on it. In the third section I keep
two lenses, one on top of the other. In one of the front pockets I keep
an incident meter and table-top tripod. In the other front pocket I keep
odds and ends like a 21mm finder in its case, eyes for my DR Summicron,
assorted lens caps, cleaning cloths, a spare spool for my M2/M3 things
like that. In the zippered pockets on the flap I keep a synch cord or
two, batteries, etc. I have an add-on accessory pocket that goes on the
strap to carry film.

By the way, I just returned from Quebec and I packed my film,
uncanistered, in plastic bags. In each bag I put several rolls of TMax
3200 with the 3200 clearly showing. Whenever I had the xray inspection I
would pull the bag out, show them the 3200 rolls and ask for hand
inspection. Did the same for the M6 body I was carrying saying it was
loaded with 3200. Always had cooperation and understanding. Hopefully,
one of these days the inspector won't look at the ASA dial on the back
of the camera while he's looking through the viewfinder to make sure
there's nothing hidden inside the camera.

- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/