Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V7 #2
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:05:39 -0500

>Bob:
>
>I realize that I don't have a "right" to not be offended, but as a long
>time middle school teacher I find the quote below highly offensive.
>
>Ken Wilcox
>

>>Those who CAN, do.
>>Those who CAN'T, teach.
>>Those who can't TEACH, teach GYM!
>>
>>:) (apologies to any Phys Ed Folks!)
>>
>>Those who can't take pictures, use video.
>>

>>(all smiley's)
>>Bob Keene
>>"Everybody's Pal" (some more than others!)
>

>----
>Ken Wilcox                                Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
>Davison Middle School                         preferred--->
><wilcox@tir.com>
>600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423                              <kwilcox@gfn.org>

Ken-

please don't take offense! Sometimes I'm too much of a wise ass. I have far
too high an admiration for anyone in the Education Field. I'm in an acting
company that does alcohol/drug prevention/education programs mainly in the
middle school and high school forums- every day I'm in a school I firmly
believe that we don't pay teachers HALF of what they are worth!!!
Gym teachers often get the 'health' teacher role as well. This is an
extremely important position- I personally have worked with the Phys Ed/
Health teachers to try to steer kids away from unhealthy choices!
Wow, I guess my comment really was inappropriate- it was just an old joke I
heard once....

Sorry
Bob Keene