Subject: [Leica] Leica Abuse!
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:38:38 -0300

How many of you folks had to chip! your car out of a block of ice this morning?

JEEEZ! It's on days like this I wonder why I didn't take up tropical flower
photography.

Assignment was 8:30AM. I'm out the door at 8:00 but due to freezing rain
(no, not cold... FREEZING on contact., turning to ICE) the car is encased in
ice.  In deed, the streets and sidewalk are like a skating rink.

...did I mention I live on a hill?   That skating rink is on a hill.
(...think about for a second)

While scraping ice from the car windows, I fall.  Leica M6 leaves my
shoulder proceeds to makes it way DOWN the ice covered street.... picking up
speed as it goes.

I scream in horror as it heads for the main road at the bottom of my street.

My neighbour, 3 doors down, hears my scream, looks up from his ice scraping
and spots the M6 coming towards him..... an calmly bends down and grabs the
strap as it rockets past him.

Mercifully, there was a happy ending. No broken bones (just a bruised
backside) assignment got done and M6 SURVIVED!.... but it doesn't quite
qualify for MINT status anymore.

...what a day...

Greg Locke                           E-Mail: locke@straylight.ca
St. John's, Newfoundland             Tel: 709-576-2297
                                     http://www.straylight.ca/locke
PictureDesk International            http://www.picturedesk.org
Available at PressLink ONLINE        http://online.presslink.com