Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: M3s and polarizing filters
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 15:44:43 -0800

Peter,

Sorry, that's not correct. A "Kaesemann" Polarizer is simply a more durable
polarizer. Select foils, specially prepared optical glass, hermetically
sealed. But it is still a regular old polarizer. All of my Heliopan
polarizers are "not" Kaesemann polarizers and they "all"  have numbers
around the rim. This is a Heliopan standard feature.

I do have a Kaesemann  polarizer, in 82mm. It has no numbers around the rim.

Jim