Subject: Re: [Leica] New Web Page/B&W vs Color
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 21:10:39 -0600

Tina,

>Please be my guinea pigs and tell me how it looks on your various computer
>monitors.  I welcome all constructive criticism.

they all look great on my monitor.  I'm using a Dell with a 19" (Sony) Dell
monitor and Windows95 (when it doesen't crash).  The lettering is fine
also.  I really like the web page and the way they are constructed.

>Peter, take a look at the Honduras portfolio.  Color would not have added
>anything to those photos and would only have detracted attention from the
>people and the atmosphere.  On the other hand, the portfolio on Guatemala
>is better in color because the Guatemalan culture and people define
>themselves with color.  Iraq could have gone either way, I suppose, but I
>prefer it in black and white.

Wow, you are good!!!  I especially liked the Honduras and Guatemalan
portfolios.  I also concur that the Guatemala shots look great in color and
would have lost a lot in B&W.  The color is fantastic. In many of the
pictures of all the portfolios I feel that I can almost wee into the souls
of the people!!  You have a whole web page full of pictures of a quality
that I wish I could take two or three  of as well in my lifetime!  I know
you use the Noct a lot.  What else did you use for the Guatemala pics???
75/1.4??  The focus is smack on.  I am really impressed with the exposure
you have on the Honduras pictures.  A lot of shadow detail and the
highlights are not burned out (except one or twice in the widows which
doesn't count.  However, I remember one where there was even detail through
the window.  Did you hand meter any???  What film did you use??

Impressed is an understatment. The LUG mom has done it again.

Dick