Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Abuse! ENOUGH ALREADY! :)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 19:35:51 -0800

Marc James Small wrote:

>Ted, if you feel so strongly about it, then, bloody hell, move!>>>>>>

Marc,

I did move!  Out here to get away from all that cold, snow, block heaters,
sliding cars and frozen fingers! :)

I like snow and cold on Christmas cards and that's where it should stay.:)

Hey I did my time with all that eastern freezing hell! Everyone smiling
like they enjoy snow shovelling, ein stuck cars or sliding and bumping into
each other. And me, when living there, stupid enough to keep going out with
my Leicas and photographing the fools making ingloos with happy faces!! :)

If it's really cold that's OK, but I didn't move 3000 klms to grow gills
and web feet! Heck if I wanted that,  I'd have moved to Hawaii!:)  At least
it's warm water and weather!:)

 Besides my Leica M's work much better in warm ocean breezes! Pretty faces
and, well you know the rest! :)

ted

  This CAN
>be done:  I am cheerfully bi-coastal and sit in grey skies and icy rain by
>cheerful choice, alone and tough.  If you, or your spouse, wish otherwise,
>then, damn!, make it real!
>
>I recognize that your underwear would have to be vetted by the EPA when you
>cross the border and that the 0.008/0.003 Giganticar you got squashed by
>cow-poop would have to be left behind, but, what the hey!, Florida awaits!
>
>Or, for the marginally sane, Baja California.  For those who merely wish to
>spend six-week stinits in the Home for the Inept, then, California would suit.
>
>I have never been to Florida. I doubt if I will ever go there, as I carry a
>camera with me, constantly, and my understanding of Florida and cameras is
>that, if a hurricane misses you, then fungus will nail you.  Up here, in
>the reasonable latitudes, we have neither error to contend with.
>
>Marc
>
>msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
>Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Ted Grant