Subject: Re: [Leica] Younger photographers and Leica rangefinders
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:19:43 EST

Hi All,

In a message dated 2/15/99 4:43:18 PM Mountain Standard Time, Harrison writes:

<< A good photographer knows his tools...film is one of those tools and a
 good  photographer,  no matter his age, knows what the exposure should
 be, within a decent range at least. >>

As a photographer who learned my craft on box cameras and eventually a Leica
IIc, I very much agree with what Harrison said. Autoexposure and program modes
only take one so far (though I find there are times when the increased
operating speed from AF and AI is valuable).

Will von Dauster