Subject: Re: [Leica] Film, Cameras, Customs & France
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:54 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

COLBYG@ULV.EDU wrote:

>         I shall be traveling to France for a 7-week stay with my
> family, in
> April. The plan is to ship ahead my 4X5 field camera to an address in
> Paris,
> and to carry on my M6, lenses, and other 35mm equipment and unexposed
> film.
[snip]

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but unless you have huge stocks
already purchased, why on earth carry unexposed film to *France* risking
extra exposure to X rays?

It's not like there aren't plenty of photographic suppliers in the country
you're going to. If it was Ulan Bator I'd understand.

David Morton                       |  "Times are bad. Children no
dmorton@journalist.co.uk           |  longer obey their parents and
David.Morton@openconsulting.co.uk  |  everyone is writing a book."
(+44) 171 917 6272                 |  Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)