Subject: [Leica] Re:inkjet papers
From: "Tim Spragens" <t.spragens@cityweb.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:29:35 +0100

B. D. Colen wrote:

> Paper....This may sound a bit something, but buy the smallest package of
> anything and everything you can find and try it...it's really the best
> bet...they're all slightly, or radically, different...I really like the
> Epson photo paper...but have also gotten good results with some
> others...I
> don't, by the way, like the Kodak photo paper....the other thought,
> although
> expensive, is to try some of the inkjet glossy films....IBM makes one, I
> believe Epson does, and some others...this is probably the best
> available
> medium for high quality printing...but it takes literally DAYS to dry -
> at

I rather liked the Kodak paper for its texture over the Epson, but use
the Epson more these days.. I don't know if it is available in your
part of the world, but Pelikan makes a glossy film (they call it a
glossy paper, but I doubt that there is any paper in it) that is
*extremely* glossy, and good for some purposes. Try a sampler if
you get a chance.