Subject: Re: [Leica] Drying film, was Drying marks
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:42:15 -0400

Mark and Harrison:

Kodak and others suggest for slide films at least, the quicker you dry
them, the more permanant the dyes will be.  I myself am a little impatient
and  like my film dried quickly.  I suddenly realized last week that I had
a large drying cabinet in my house outside of my darkroom.  I have a dry
sauna which fits about six people.  I hung a line in it and when my slide
film is developing, I turn it on so it heats to just under 140 degrees.
When the film is done I hang it in the sauna.  It takes about ten minutes
and is within the 105-140 temperature range for heated drying suggested by
Kodak.  This temperature range is the same for the Tmax films as well.

If in doubt, you can always check the recommendations of the manufacture,
rather than rely on outdated resources.  The internet now makes it very
easy to get this info.  Kodak has such good support in this respect and
their published data guides, that I prefer using Kodak film to Fuji because
of the support they offer.  Fuji's web site is just superficial sales hype
with very little tecnical data.  Below is a link to the Kodak info on
machine drying the Tmax film.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/f32/f32e.shtml#
006

Regards,