Subject: [Leica] Identity of Leitz Easel?
From: Harry Haige <haige@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 22:24:24 -0500

Hello darkroom enthusiasts,

I have an old Leitz 8x10" wood easel and wonder if anybody can tell me the
application for this particular variant.  The wood base is the usual
12x14x1" size.  The underside is flat, without the pairs of raised ribs and
dovetail grooves of the clamping version.  Along the left and front edges
metal strips are inlaid into the underside of the wood, protruding outward
by about 0.1" then turning up for about 0.1".  I.e., looking like an  _|
extending out from the bottom edge.  Was this part of some apparatus?  Just
curious.

Harry
haige@compuserve.com